An abnormal walking pattern (gait) can produce a number of problems that prevent you from functioning normally. Gait analysis is the examination of how a person walks or runs. It is often necessary to look carefully at how you walk or run to identify posture-related or movement-related problems if you are experiencing symptoms in your feet, knees, hips or lower back. Gait analysis and treatment is also commonly used to help athletes run more efficiently.
Gait analysis includes:
- A full medical and social history
- Details on levels of activity
- Examination of joints in the lower limb, both sitting and standing
- Observation of joints, muscles and tendons during walking (and maybe running)
- A diagnosis and explanation of the problem
If a problem is identified it is likely that orthotics
(shoe inserts) will be prescribed.
To arrange an appointment:
↑ back to top